- Nigeria Super Falcons defender, Ngozi Ebere, has signed a year contract with Arna Bjomar, a club in the Women’s Norwegian league
- Previously, she featured for the Cyprus league club, Barcelona Women, before joining Arna Bjomar for a year
- Ngozi will now be the second Nigerian player to have played for the club after Precious Dede
An announcement made by the club on its website, https://www.arna-bjornar.no, stated she joined them on recommendations from the Super Falcons head coach, Thomas Dennerby.
“Ngozi Ebere has signed a contract with Arna Bjørnar. Born in 1991, Ngozi played for the Nigerian club River Angels before signing in 2015 for Paris St. Germain. In 2017-2018, she played for Barcelona FA. Ngozi is a defender and her choice fell on her recommendations from Nigeria’s Swedish national team coach.
- Diva’s Choice: Super Falcons Thump Romania at the China Tourney, place third
- Diva’s Choice: Travelogue: Huge Prospect for Basketball Growth in Africa by Kayode Hammed
“Ngozi has played on the following Nigerian national team – U20 where she has played 2 games and the A-national team where she has played 20 games and scored 1 goal.
“She should have been with the Nigerian national team to China now, but some formal issues with visas made her rather take a trip home to Nigeria before returning to Norway. its rainy weather, but she is looking forward to coming to Norway.”
Ngozi will now be the second Nigerian player to have played for the club after Precious Dede. She is expected to join her new team members in Turkey for pre-season.